Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another Tasty Post...

Here is another recipe that I really like to make.  I consider it a tad more fancy even though it is like glorified mac-n-cheese! :)  I got the recipie off of Everyday Itialian on the food network, so I take none of the credit! 

Creamy Baked Fettuccine with Asiago and Thyme
  • 1 pound fettuccine pasta
  • 2 cups grated Asiago cheese, plus 1/4 cup
  • 2 (8 ounce) containers of creme fraiche (I have never found this so I just use sour cream)
  • 1 cup grated parmesan
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.  Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid (I don't drain it.  I just use tongs and lift it into my sauce bowl.  Then its easy to scoop out the cup of water).  
In a large bowl combine the 2 cups Asiago cheese, creme fraiche (or sour cream), parmesan, thyme, salt, pepper, cooked pasta and pasta cooking liquid.  Gently toss until all the ingredients are combined and the pasta is coated (the sauce is usually a bit liquid at this point don't worry!).  Place the pasta in a buttered baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup asiago cheese.  Bake until golden on top, about 25 minutes.  Let sit for at least 5 minutes and serve.  
The end...

11 comments:

Bonny said...

Mmmmmmm, sounds really yummy! I will have to add it to my recipe collection. Thanks Cath!

Carolyn said...

Yes! I finally get the recipe!

Jen said...

YUM! Sounds cheesy, creamy, and comforting!

Unguren said...

Is this the one that I had? If so it was very tasty!

Julie said...

HEy YOU! I'm so glad to be in touch with you again! You have the cutest little family, Taj is absolutely adorable! And I can't wait to try the recipie...mmmmmm mmmmm!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harlene said...

Yummy! I am having company and this is perfect!

McEwen Family said...

Looks so good!Can't wait to try it out. I think this is Evan's blog, you'll have to say hi to him b/c I promised I would give you his blog address.
evanandrebeccajones.blogspot.com let me know if it doesn't work.

McEwen Family said...

one more thing, I have been meaning to ask you for the phone number of that girl you thought I should hook Aaron up with. Let me know if you still think it's a good idea! :)

Jenny said...

Trader Joe's always has the crazy cheeses. It's my favorite store ever. Saw you on Sunday at church, only got to say hi to your husband though. We were there to see Tom and Sarah for the big day! Good luck Tom Prince.

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

This recipe looks so good that I might have to start my diet ..... the day AFTER tomorrow! By the way, I need help with blogging. For some dumb reason, I can't publish any photos. What have I done wrong?