Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wonderful Wonderful Visitors

Last week I got to have my mission president and his wife over for dinner!  I just got in touch with them again after much much too much time!  President Clayton is a lawyer and had a conference here in town last weekend so we invited them over to eat!  It was such a great night!  
They look wonderful and it was as though no time has passed since we saw them last 
(although none of us were in suits, nylons or nametags...so that was a change!).  
In fact I found out a few new things about President Clayton this time around.  He loves camping and knows a lot about it!  He and Mark had a great time talking about that.  Plus President Clayton also loves the ocean (another HUGE bonus point in Mark's book).  We have a saltwater tank and he knew lots about that as well!  Although she won't admit it Sister Clayton has kept up with
 LOTS of missionaries and had lots of fun news to report!  I had just recently tracked down a few old mission friends in the blogging world and it was fun to show that to her!  And...she just emailed me today with her NEW BLOG!  So if you served in Independence, MO you need to click that link and leave them an update! :)  They will love it!
I prayed that Taj would be extra cute and happy and my prayers were answered!  
I think all the LOVE and attention the Claytons gave him did the trick!  He stayed up way later than normal and couldn't have been happier to play and hang out with all of us!
Here are the beautiful flowers they brought to us and even a toy for Taj!  This was so thoughtful and the flowers have kept me smiling for a week!
Here is a picture of Taj and Mark playing us an after dinner tune!  This is like 9pm and see that cute smile on Taj's face?  Miraculous! 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun for you to get to see them again and to introduce your cute family to them as well.

I am envious you got the opportunity to serve. Just another reason to wanna be Cathy!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just checked out the Clayton's blog and we are cousins! Wild huh! Their daughter Jane is married to Chris' second cousin Clark Johnson. It is a stretch but I thought it was cool anyway.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark! Why don't you and taj get into a band with each other!(or wait until Taj is older.)

Hey Cathy! I'm glad you had a fun time with your mission pres.! I remember one of the most happiest time of my life is when you comming home from your mission. I cried!

Bonny said...

What a nice visit! Brandon served in your mission but I don't think Pres. & Sister Clayton were there yet.
I also checked out Sis. Clayton's new blog and I think she has a talent for bloging! And their children live all over the world - that is so crazy and cool!!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I LOVE the picture of Mark and Tag. So fun and sweet. Morgan is becoming more and more infatuated with Cody and it is just my favorite thing. We miss you guys! When are you going to Florida next?

Hailey said...

Looks like a lot of fun.... that is a nice picture of you with them. I am glad Taj cooperated and showed them his true darling self. I am sure Mark impressed them with his drumming, too.

Unguren said...

This looks like you had a very special time. What a great blessing to be able to see them again. The last picture of taj is super cute.

Mands Glenn said...

Girlfriend, So glad you found me in the blogging world. It was fun to see Pres. and Sister Clayton on your blog. Rachel actually left me a message to check your blog and then check theirs. I will have to leave them a comment too. Your little family is so cute and you look as hot as ever. I just need to move to Vegas. I have so many great girfriends there. OHh and Ryan Skinner and I were on an intermural volleyball team that my husband put together and we all started talking and figured out we served the same mission. We barely missed eachother. Jage and him are both in their first year of Med. school together. Small world, eh?

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

Can you believe it? I navigated my way to you???? I'm so excited. WOW! How cool to see our picture on your blog too. What a fun evening. You are such a gracious hostess and great cook. By the way, I fixed the bbq chicken pizza and it was a total hit! I think it will be a favorite. Keep giving me good recipes. I'm very tired of all my old ones and have almost given up cooking altogether. Eating is overrated - except with bbq chicken pizza! Taj is really the perfect child. He never made a peep and was continually happy. I was so distracted by Cathy though. Catching up was so awesome so I'd love more time with Taj. Mark is a great guy and very worthy of such a wonderful woman.

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

Look at my blog and see some of the new additions I've added today. PROGRESS, HUH?