Friday, April 25, 2008

Sweet Music

Tonight I went to see Tegan and Sara with Death Cab for Cutie.  I like Death Cab, but Tegan and Sara were my real draw and I was not disappointed.  They sounded great.  The audience "vibe" was good.  I always like a show where there seems to be a lot of diversity in the audience, age and style wise.  Plus they were quite polite and gracious during the little sound bites between songs.  Talented edgy with manners!  Perfect.
 
Lori was my date which also added to my happy night.  She is 17 and we hang out. That might reflect on my maturity level, but I honestly think it has more to do with hers.  Hang out with her!  You will love it and see what I mean!

7 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

This post really made me feel better to read. I LOVE LIVE MUSIC. Especially if is a band I am passionate about. Now sometimes that means the other people at the show are a little bit younger than me, but you would never guess it by my enthusiasm. I'm not one of those by standers with my Diet Coke in hand. One of the last ones I went to was Fall Out Boy with my cousin (who happened to be a senior at the time) and John gave me such a hard time about it. But if Cathy can do it, and she is one of the most matronly people I know, then I can totally keep it rockin'.

Now that I think of it the last concert I went to was last Friday night. Just Cream (tribute band not the real thing). In which John made fun of me because not only was I the only 8.5 month prego woman there, we younger than everyone by at least 20 years. Where do we fit in.

OK, I'm done posting now. Any more you are going to have to add my name onto your title. For props purposes.

Blake and Yanery said...

You are too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Ur way to cool cath! You rock everybodyz world! Ya

Amy said...

I love the picture of you and Lori - you look like your the same age as her! Sounds like you had a rockin' good time.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Cute pic and sounds like an awesome mom night out!

Marleen said...

Sounds so fun. I'll have to check out their music.

Amanda said...

Oh man I miss going to live shows so often! Especially with you!!This looks like it was a TON of fun!
Way cute picture of you both!