So I thought I would try to wash the outside of our bedroom window, because when I open it I can see lots of water spots and it bugs me. So I went out to do it (finally) the other day and discovered that our bush had blossomed! Isn't it lovely?
Here's a closer view. Lovely Lovely! But when I moved in for this photo I heard a distinct buzzing sound. Needless to say the window didn't get washed.
It was COVERED in bees! Just so you know I felt pretty hardcore moving in this close for the picture to the real able to sting me bee!
Here are some others. They are more on their way out than in...but still pretty nonetheless!
Ok but here is the real reason for my post! See the green people!!! I GREW that! Its basil. I planted seeds and have been watering them religiously and LOOK! Something is growing! I did it! I did it! If you know me or even if you don't.....this is a big big deal! Like called my husband at work all ecstatic to tell him type of big deal. Just call me Mary Contrary from here on out please.



6 comments:
Pinch back . . . means when you see a bud setting on the plant, then pinch it off. That way the plant's nutrition will go to establishing roots rather than to making flowers. Eventually, after a couple of pinch backs, let the blossoms set and see what happens.
Oooooo, Aaaaa. Wow! Are you going to be cooking more Italian food when you have all your basil to use? Maybe it will be ready by the time we come out!
Mary C., I am quite impressed. Your garden is beautiful and your basil looks devine.
Quite impressive, M.C.
WoW! It is B-E-A-utiful! You basil is a work of art. Great Job!
I can totally feel your excitement since I have a way of killing plants not making them grow. I inherited this non-green thumb from my mother but at least Cody has the magic touch.
Post a Comment