Monday, April 21, 2008

Google Reader

I just jumped on the "google reader" bandwagon after my sister recommended it many a time.  It takes a little while to set up, especially if you have many a blog you like to stalk like I do, but it is WORTH it!  So I searched for images but couldn't find any good ones to "show" you so now I'm just going to try and tell you.  When you sign into your gmail account (which I believe you all have to have in order to blog on blogger), look across the top where it lists Gmail  Calendar  Documents  Photos   Reader  Web.  Click on the one that says reader and its pretty self explanatory from there.  You add the web address of any sites you like to keep up on.  And then next time you are web/blog surfing you just go check your list and it shows you any of you sites that have been updated.  That way you don't have to go searching every site.  Ok this may not sound life changing at first, but try it.  You will like it.  It will save you lots of time AND you will be the cool friend that always seems to be one of the first to comment!

You can thank me later.  And then I will defer the gratitude to Carolyn since she told me about it months ago and I just started to use it.

9 comments:

Danalin said...

I'll have to give it a try...I never knew such a thing existed. Thanks, Cass! (and Carolyn)

Unguren said...

Carolyn set up mine for me and I love it. It really has changed my blog checking.

Amy said...

Thanks,now I will have even more time to find NEW blogs to stalk. So many blogs, so little time.

Carolyn said...

Finally!!!

Kenn N said...

Welcome to the fold you won't ever go back.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Great idea but just fyi you don't have to have a gmail account to do blogger. I have a yahoo account and it works just fine. Thanks for the tip and Taj's head healed great!

Marleen said...

I haven't done this yet and have been wanting to. Thanks for the reminder.

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

Thanks Cathy (and Carolyn)! I was just getting to the point in the blogger life where I started to think "There has to be a better way of keeping up, other than rolling through everyones blog everyday"...then..POW!

Danalin said...

Just an update, because I know you've been wondering :), I tried it and I LOVE it! I hope you don't mind if I do some cut-and-pasting from your post to share this wealth of knowledge on my blog...