So a couple weekends ago my longtime friend Amanda Slade Coon came to visit. She was a year younger than us and not the only Slade we hung out with so was therefore dubbed lil slade. Here are a few gems I dug out of the ole' shoe box of shame! (you're welcome!)

oh if i could only count how many meals of Taco Bell i had during my high school years. this is amanda (hugandkiss) and lindsey. i remember the shirt that lindsey is wearing was a savers find and much adored by us all.

typical afternoon in our college apartment. again little slade's in back and you can learn about the pink masked toilet paper bandit here.

one spring break we got 20 something friends together and rented a house on newport beach. don't do drugs kids and maybe your parents will be crazy enough to let you try something like this too. it only cost us like $40 each since we had so many people.

I did Slade's makeup for prom and as you can see, she was working it. again...you're welcome!

These are all the seniors from my high school that came to stay with me during their spring break while i was at school. Oh those crazy provo nights. don't they look like a rowdy bunch? scantly clad all tatted and pierced. wild ones!
what were your mothers thinking leaving you under my supervision!
however, despite my powerful influence over her delicate adolescence, amanda turned out alright. she is a mama now to a super cute little elizabeth. and although I do not have him pictured here her hubby is super cool to.
another hs chum trisha came by with her 1.5 children and so did anna with her two boys but i didn't get any photos of them. sorry anna.
look at that face! elizabeth is cool because she is not an easy sell. you have to be exceptional hysterical to crack a smile on that face but it is SOO worth it when you do. this picture is just a sampling.
i like you slade. come back anytime!



10 comments:
So much to say so little time...
1st, why am I standing so close to Lindsey in the first picture? creepy.
2nd, I'd like to think that I am still as spontanious as I was in the super heros picture. Lets just say that I am.
3rd, You had to put the picture where I'm posing like an idiot in the homecomming dress. COME ON!
4th, LOVE the picture of you and I. How long did it take you on photoshop to get my skin to look like that? :)
5th, You all are the best Hosts that a girl and her girl could ask for!!! Thanks again for the super fun weekend back at "home" in Vegas. Oh, and thanks for the walk down memory lane too! You know I love that sentimental stuff!
Yeah for lil slade! And I love all the pictures! You should do that more often! Elizabeth looks just like a little doll!
Cousin! Hooray for blogs and finding good friends! It took me a minute to figure out who you were, but I was so happy! Your family is so darling. I am excited to snoop around some more into your lives =)
love,
Jillyn (now just known as Jill)
Hey, it's your long-lost cousin Sarah. Jill told me about your blog so I had to come & check it out. How fun to see your cute family. I didn't even know you had a baby! It's been a long time!
I Loved the pink masked bandit super heros night. Man we were weird back then! Love it! Thanks for the blast from the past and I'm sad I missed the party!!!
I was just looking around and found you. It's been a long time. I don't have a blog, but I do have a myspace page www.myspace.com/laf129
Hey Miss Nickel, I am so glad that motherhood and marriage has not changed you at all! I will keep checking your blog to see all those cute happy smiles. I'll be seeing you.
I'm also an Amanda fan! What a great post...
Yeah yeah, Amanda's cute. But I hate that picture of me.
Post a Comment