Alright my mission president's wife "tagged" me and (as you know if you've served a mission) what your mission president's wife asks you to do...you do! :) And since we are leaving town again tomorrow I didn't want to put this off...so here it goes....
A: The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B: Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C: At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged (don't you just love those comments) and asking them to read your blog.
#1 What was I doing 10 years ago?
Well I was actually graduating high school ten years ago this year (nuts!). So I was planning my college career which really meant a few road trips to Provo with my future room mates to apartment hunt (which can also be read...college boy hunt!) :) Wasn't I ambitious?
#2 Things on my To-Do list today.
Seeing that I actually wrote a to-do list today I will reveal its contents.
- brown and freeze the 5 lbs of hamburger meat we got from Costco. (aren't I glamourous?)
- plan and shop for the breakfast I am in charge of providing on Saturday morning for our weekend get away to brianhead (see previous post and future pictures!)
- make a list of the stuff Taj needs me to pack for his overnight stay at aunt Jill's.
- email my friend John about the stuff he asked me to design for his investment business.
- locate then scan and email a tax form to my dad in the philippines.
- mail a little surprise that I got my sister Carolyn because she has been home sick with the flu with two sick little girls all week. Carolyn...you are so stoked now hu? Emphasis on small...but you'll like it! :)
#3- What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?
This one is easy because I think about this all the time. Besides the obvious paying off any debt as well as buy new (fancy but mostly useful) new cars, I would honestly like to pay off the mortgage to all my family's homes, take my sisters on the fanciest spa week/ shopping extravaganza of their lives and anyone else that might want to come! Just let me know! I would also buy my friend Hannah a dyson vacuum and her husband a little giant ladder! And then invest tons and put away tons for my kids and their kids and their kids, etc. AND I would buy a souped up decked out IMAC with a 24' screen (that's right...I would pay the extra $400 for the 4 additional inches of screen because I could!). Oh...and I would also buy a mac for my mom and dad. And a iphone for Mark....does everyone else enjoy thinking about this stuff as much as I do? This is how I fall asleep every night.
#4- Bad Habits?
Besides spending WAY too much time daydreaming about how I'd spend money I will never have? I bite my nails. Take too many naps. Procrastinate and don't eat nearly enough vegetables....to name the first of many!
#5- Places I've lived:
- Las Vegas, NV
- Provo, Ut
- Independence, MO
- Then more of LV
- Worked at Zuka Juice (which I believe is now Jamba juice)
- Victoria Secret's makeup artist and manager
- Gymboree kid's clothing store manager
- When I was 10 I used to walk around neighborhoods and put flyers on people's door. It seems like we got paid something like $1 for every 10 we did or something crazy like that. But at age 10, who's complaining eh?
I'm afraid that I am way too open for me to reveal anything here that might actually shock people, but I will give it a go.
- I am really flexible and always have been. I don't work out hardly at all but I can usually outstretch most people. Is that braggy? Does anyone care?
- I really like LOST (yes that overly complicated drawn out sci-fi show what wasn't supposed to be sci-fi at all). I have even been known to listen to podcasts analyzing each and every detail of the previous episodes. Its so bad that I don't even feel justified in making fun of trekies anymore because I feel like I can now somehow relate (nerd-alert).
- My husband once dared me to touch some mustard and then touch my eye and I did it. He is immensely proud of me and continues to brag about it to this day. He lovingly refers to me as "mustard-eye" on a regular basis.
- When we were on our honeymoon in Hawaii, we were surfing way way off shore and I kicked a sea-urchin and got spines in my foot. We had to hobble into our hotel medical office and the doctor used a scalpel and tweezers to take them out of my foot while I watched. I should insert here that I was blubbering mess while swimming to shore thinking that sharks were going to eat me since I was bleeding in the ocean or that my foot was going to be amputated. The rest of the honeymoon I was fine, but something like 6 months later I had to have surgery on my foot to get the remaining spines out!
Ok and now I tag Hannah, Carolyn, Jen and Jill...that's four! I soo have good blogging karma coming my way!



10 comments:
It is moments like this that I realize that I am a boring person and lets face it...got nothing! (of interest to talk about that is.)
So, I have to know, did the mustard in your eye burn?
Well, you better get to work on your to do list because the last one listed would be the MOST important!!!
I love you Cahty! You are so open, so funny, so real, this was great to read.I'm with you on LOST, it the best show ever!!
I need make-up tips! I'm very deficient in that girl department.
So fun to read. Thanks for tagging Carolyn because that was a great one to read also. Lost is a favorite in our home also. We actually DVR it.
Well done, good and faithful Cathy! I learned a ton of very interesting trivia about you that I would have never known if I hadn't tagged you. Julie thinks that I am paranoid to not be able to answer these simple questions - and she is probably right. It gives one a chance to think about what they think about when there is nothing to think about! :)
Loved all the new info and that I knew some of the answers and stories! I've also enjoyed all your vacations vicariously. It was great to see all the Virostkos...was that Greg Moore at the wedding? And I LOVE the pics by the sea, especially the one of Mark and Taj walking to the ocean and Taj way up in the air. Fantastic! And you are beautiful as always! Oh and just so you know, we now have other people trying to convince us to move to Vegas...you never know!
So random. I was trying to find an old friend on MySpace and was doing searches of his old girlfriends in high school to see if I could find him on any of their pages and I came across something that said "looks like Brynn Bunker" so I opened it and had your last name in that page. I think I knew you in high school. Maybe Im wrong.
Hi, this is George and Diane Young's daughter from the Independence 4th ward. Do you remember us? Anyway, I found your blog through Sister Clayton's blog which I found through Julie's blog. It's fun to find out what is going on w/ people. It's also nice to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't always accomplish the stuff on my to do list! With a 3 month old it's kind of hard. Well, nice to catch up a little.
Post a Comment