Thursday, February 21, 2008

Highly Recommend Reno!

Ok these pictures are all out of order but I will first just explain that we got to go spend last weekend with my sister and her family in Reno and it was FANTABULOUS!  Jen's kids wanted to learn how to snowboard so Jen cut us a deal.  If we took her two kids snowboarding she would play with Taj for the day for us.  Done!  So we flew up late Thursday night and I am happy to report that Taj was most cooperative even though he was up very very late!  The whole weekend was really great!  It was fun to be around family, Jen has a comfortable and lovely home (plus she sees to every detail to have any of things you might need right on hand).  Her family is so fun to hang out with and Taj LOVED it!  Here are just a few of the highlights....
Okay okay...you know me!  What vacation is complete with a little luxurious napping?  Their dog Allie and I had the same idea.
On of the many wonderful toys that awaited Taj for his weekend of bliss was a bubble maker.  This provided endless fun for both Taj and Allie!  
Here is a picture of Kenna "Nickel Jr." and me!  She actually fell just right on her first run down the mountain and sort of tweaked her knee.  But let me tell you she was SUPER tough about it plus she already really impressed me with her snowboarding skills so I know that next time she goes she will master the sport!
Cathy and Jen!  I LOVE my sisters!
This is actually a picture of Taj on the flight there.  See how happy and cute he is?  She how tired and tattered his mama is? :)
This is the lovely site that greeted Taj when we got there.  He stays in the closet of the room that we sleep in.  But this closet came decked out with entertainment galore!
Here we are!  That is Drake on the right.  Although this was his first time going he was went down a black diamond on his second day out!!!  Seriously....snowboard prodigies! 
Lunch break
Ladies and Gentleman may I introduce the future of the sport!
Thank You Martins for a wonderful weekend!  We had a really great time and hope to see you all again sooner than later!

9 comments:

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

That looked like a fantastic nap! I think both Taj and his mommy looked fabulous. Sounds like a great mini-vacation.

Anonymous said...

Cathy! I am sooooooooooooooo excided when I'm going back out snowboarding! It's the best sport around!!! My knee is sooo much better since you left and if I went snowboarding right now I could do it! I had sooooooo much fun and I want you to come snowboard really soon with me!( maybe I will try a small black diamond!)

Jen said...

More snow is expected this week, so........

Bonny said...

Sounds like you had a really fun weekend! Nice of your sis to watch Taj-O while you and Mark played in the snow.
Cute pic of you and your sis! :)

Anonymous said...

you were just down the rode from lake tahoe and didn't even give us a call....that hurts....it sounds like you had a great time. you should come back up it is snowing right now.

Danalin said...

Super fun trip! Not a bad deal for anyone involved. I think you and Jen are looking more alike these days, which is a big compliment since I've always thought that she is a very pretty lady!

Harlene said...

As if I didn't suffer from enough 'Snavely Envy'! How fun for all of you.

Taj and Allie look like kindred spirits.

Marleen said...

We love Reno too. Where did you ending going snowboarding? Mt. Rose, Sqauw or somewhere else? I haven't been boarding for years. Looks like fun.

Carolyn said...

Taj and Allie are hilarious!