Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dominican Diva

I have had so many fun things happen to me lately!  Week before last I got a visit from a long lost friend.  Yanery is Dominican (hence the name I dubbed her) but we met in Missouri!  I served a mission for my church there and she was in my first ward.  She has a wonderful family and took my little greenie self under their wing.  She was always a huge help to the missionaries.  She would drive us anywhere and go on team up with us all the time. One time we were driving around with her looking for her lost dog...and well we hit the dog.  That was a crazy night...but Baby (the dog) was ok!  Anyhow...I have lots of fun memories with this girl and her twin sister.  She is now married and lives in San Francisco.  She was in LV for a couple of days and looked me up on whim hoping I still lived here...and yup!  I do!  She looks fabulous (as usual) and we had a really fun day together just hanging out.  She did do my makeup for me like old times and I loved it! Sigh!  I like my Dominican Diva!  And Yanery...when you read this which I know you will since you are a blog stalker...you had better comment! :)

5 comments:

Jen said...

So fun to see an old friend. Looks like you two had a great time.

Carolyn said...

I love that you still hang out with girlfriends and do each other's makeup. She seems like a doll.

Sarah said...

She's just as darling as she was 6 years ago! Thanks for posting a picture! Yanery - if you are reading this - you won't remember me (Sister Roberts) I didn't serve in your ward, but whenever you came over to our apartment we always talked about being twins! You are so cute!

Unknown said...

Cathy! i think i was older then 4 cause i still remember you! paul had a picture of you guys in his room till i was like 10. I still remember the Jamba Juice days.. at least i think thats what it was called. too bad its gone now :-(

Blake and Yanery said...

Hey!! I loved seeing you too!! Your so cute. You always make me feel great. Your family is so cute. Yes Sister Roberts I remember you! Also I decided to take matters into my own hands and become active instead of an observer. I do have my own blog. I know I am going up. Well, again it was great to see you. I hope that much time doesn't go by again before the next time. Love ya!