Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Independence Day

Ok you know the feeling where you get a couple of posts behind, so you avoid doing current stuff/idea post because you want to do the other ones first but then you realize that about 10 years have gone by and your lonely little blog has only seen some political campaigning and sibling rivalry in the past long while?  Well in order to nip my procrastination in the bud I am cutting straight to the most recent event, our 4th of July.  I still haven't given up hope that the other events will get posted but I can tell you right now it won't happen chronologically.
We went to my brother's house for the 4th!  And it was fabulous!   His wife Bonnie is an AMAZING cook.  Its sort of like eating at a restaurant but you get to be bare footed and no one cares that Taj is wandering around the house while eating his corn on the cob!  We ate dinner, played around and then went out front to "set off" fireworks, but soon into it (although not as soon as one might expect) we discovered that the fireworks we had were all "pop-em" kind with the exception of the sparklers.  So it was an E for everyone firework event but still wonderful!
Did I mention there were Ice Cream Cones???  This was Taj's first cone ever but not his last.  He LOVED it.
My husband doubles as a jungle gym and looks super hunky all at the same time! :)
Can you see all her muscles going into this!  Most impressive! We even got her brave enough to snap the pop-em things in her fingers before the night was over!
My cute sister-in-law! :)
Is it me or is he melting that ice cream with just his good looks?  

4 comments:

Marleen said...

Looks fun and and relaxing. Love the hunk comment and I would love to try Bonnie's amazing cooking.

Grandpa and Grandma Roundy said...

Looks like amazing fun. I like Lexie's hair.

Jen said...

Fun, fun, fun!

Alexis' hair looks adorable! (Kudos to the team effort of Alexis and Carolyn.)

jamie said...

cathy girl,
found you on the BHS site. reunion eh? sounds like a blast. are you helping out?
your family is adorable and you look fabulous darling! check our our blog if you want. luv, jamie
mikeandjamiepreston@blogspot.com