Thursday, July 17, 2008

Flat Stanley

So  while ago (just before school got out) our nieces who live in Lehi, Ut mailed us a Flat Stanley.  What is a Flat Stanley...I mean who is Flat Stanley you ask?  Well he is a little boy who got flattened when  a bulletin board fell on him.  But ever the optimist he took advantage of the killer travel rates and started exploring the world via envelope!  Our cute nieces sent him our way to party in Vegas a little bit and here is some of our adventure with him. 
Stanley was very opinionated when it came to the music selection during the ride downtown.
And you can only imagine how restless he was after spending so much time in an envelope!
However, after some talking to he decided to settle down and fasten that safety belt!
Once downtown we hit the town we saw all the major sites.  Stanley loved it and was a hit with the ladies!
Come again Stanley!  We had a great time with you! :)

6 comments:

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I started telling my mom about this post and she said, "Oh like Flat Stanley?" and I said, "What? How are you more up to date on things than me?!" So my mom is more in the know than me and I'm ok with that. Very cute pics and 4th pics and glad to see you guys are blogging again. I just hung out with Mark's mom the other night and loved it. I love time spent with all Snavelys!

SUZANNE said...

You are a riot Mizz Roundy! Wait, Snavely! Funny, I was actually thinking about you this morning wondering where you've been in the blogging world lately?! I've missed ya! Not that I've been a good poster lately, but hey, we've been vacationing in NYC and San Diego! Later chica!

Amy said...

Oh, cute little Stanley. I remember him from my teaching days way back when. I would always plan on doing something like you guys did, but he would end up suffocating in a stack of things to-do. Looks like you were great hosts!

Anonymous said...

Oh love that Flat Stanley! Caroline has been given Flat Stanley twice. Once he went to the trout farm with her and the other time he went to the LA Zoo. On the trout farm, we sent the kiddos in the classroom gummy worms. Cute, huh? I am so glad you posted -- keep it up. Love, Kimberly

. said...

oh my gosh i love you guys.....do you realize how awesome those pictures were oh my gosh! hahaha Only the Snavely's could pull something like taking stanley on a field trip all over Vegas! Someday i hope i'm that cool!

Kayla said...

That is the cutest thing ever haha! i love it. The picture of you and mark at the bottem is so cute. Hello gorgeous blue eyes!