My friend Hannah took me on an adventure this weekend! We and her husband Blake took of into the desert to fulfill a lifelong dream for her, owning a VW squareback! She just bought a yellow 1973 VW squareback from ebay and we went to AZ to pick it up! Mark stayed home and took care of Taj for me! It was a quick but fabulous trip. We left Friday night and got back Saturday night. They (well Hannah) was starting to get really nervous about it as we were driving up to the guys house, but the second she saw that car it was love! But I think they really made a great buy! The previous owner seemed to know all things VW and had taken great care of the car so it is in great shape. He gave them tons of info and showed them all the tricks and tweeks that the car requires. But being a 73...no AC baby, so we pretty much melted all the way home, but it was still a super fun road trip and I can't wait to roll around LV with Hannah in her new ride!
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Road Trippin!
Posted by nickel... at 11:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
So who took all the fantastic photos while you sweeties were riding around?
Daddy O
Looks like you two had a fun time. I'd be nervous buying a car on ebay.....It is really cute, though.
Hannah's hubby Blake came with us and took the other two pics. He actually rode a ways all alone when Hannah and I couldn't take the heat any longer!
I love it! Such a fun thing to do! And what a great husband to hold down the fort while you're away... It's good to have girl time as a mom (even if the other girl's husband was hangin' around :) ) I also really like your addition to your parent's kitchen. Gotta love a good rug!
Nickel! It's Morgan Frehner. This has been such a fun night going from blog to blog finding all these old friends. I remember back in the day when you let us young high schoolers stay at your apartment and hang out with the "cool" BYU crowd.:) Good times, good times. You should visit me at baldwinfam.blogspot.com. Don't you just love technology?!
FUN! What a cute car! Tom's folks bought his younger brother's truck off ebay and it's turned out to be a great buy.
Post a Comment