Friday, March 27, 2009

Babysitters in Training! :)

So I have SO MUCH to blog about and tell the world about our lives with Ari (chillest, cutest, easiest baby in the world...I didn't even know they came this way!) and about new baby life, BUT my time has been limited (imagine that). But to tide the family over I wanted to post a couple of recent photos. Ari has meet two of her cousins so far and both have been very cautious and sweet with her.
Here is Alexis feeding her and giving her a little kiss! She was really good to listen intently to all the instructions about feeding a baby (ie- wash hands, hold her head careful, keep the bottle tipped so she doesn't suck air, etc) and she did a PERFECT job. Ari quite enjoyed her lunch date with Alexis.
And then my sister Jill came down with her daughter Morgan for the weekend (which is whole slice of heaven in and of itself having my sister here. Mark has accurately dubbed her Jilly-Poppins! But that will be another post). Morgan is a bit more timid about handling Ari. However, she LOVES to comb her hair in all sorts of styles if you are holding her. It took a little convincing but we finally got her to hold Ari on the couch.
Then after a couple of minutes she was ready to be done but we asked if she wouldn't mind giving her a little kiss for one last photo. Just as Morgan was leaning in for the smooch Ari tooted a fairly impressive toot, which is RIGHT when I snapped this shot and got that look on Morgan's face. Morgan said "UH....what was that?" then Jill explained that she was probably filling her diaper and Morgan said "OK...get her off me right now please!". It was hilarious.
I love my life and family! I am so blessed! Much much more to come in small increments as I slowly rejoin the real world.

1 comments:

Robyn said...

congrats, Cathy - she's absolutely adorable and looks just like you! I can't wait to stop by and hold her before she gets too big...like a month old!