Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas 2008

So after all the traveling and visitors of late we were very ready for a low-key lazy Christmas, which is just what we got and it was WONDERFUL!  Taj's gifts were pretty much all Thomas the Trains but that was exactly what he wished for so he was happy!  We didn't even wrap things.  We would just pull one out of the room at a time and play with it for a few minutes before we added a new one to the loot.  It dragged our little Christmas out and it was super fun.  Then Mark and I started a new tradition.  We had gotten each other 3 small surprises for Christmas and instead of wrapping them we hid them around the house and gave each other clues to find them.  It was fun!  I love my little family.  
This is the face he made every time he saw a new gift!  The wide open mouth also included a long drawn out gasp and a "Woah! Cool!"
This is where these two could be found for most of the day!
Then that night we got invited over to our very good friends the Ungurens for dinner!  It was delicious and wonderful!  Look at that spread and her entire house is decorated lovely!
They are the best kind of friends that we could just sit around with for hours and talk about pretty much anything or nothing at all.  Its the best.
Blake's mom gave him a book of baby pictures so Gavin had a fun time showing Mark all the pictures of his dad when he was younger.
Then here is Blake with their new boy Cannon (look at that face!), then Blake's mama Dana and Hannah herself!
It was wonderful!
The End.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Wow Cathy, it looks like you guys are busy! I hope your holidays were well. By the way, I LOVE the name Ari. Did you know that Brett and Jen also have an Ari? Awesome name. I hope all is well!

I think about you always and check your blog often!

Love you!

Marleen said...

We love to hide gifts with clues to find them too. It makes Christmas morning that much cooler. Looks like you had a great time. Happy New Year.

Unguren said...

Oh you talk so sweet.