So this was a big year for me. Not only was I going to be charge of my first thanksgiving ever I was also feeding 14 people! :) Thank heaven we are living at Mom's house which has a never ending supply of dishes and cooking gadgets!
Mark's sister Karen and her hubby and 6 children (plus she is due two weeks before me with her 7th!!) had a soccer tournament down here that week. So we got to spend the holiday with them which was wonderful! My SIL Karen is unflusterable. It amazes me. Granted she has really really good kids (all 6 of them were more reverent than my one son in church on Sunday!) But I found myself constantly doing head counts to make sure that everyone I was responsible for was accounted for. She is always calm and cool and just stays busy helping and playing and cleaning up! She's AMAZING. And I did NOT do dinner alone. Our good friend Josh and Chelsea were there with their friend Denise. They brought a turkey totally cooked so that we had two and it was delicious. Plus Karen and her girls were a big help with all the prep on Thursday morning.
The boys all went and played football with a bunch of guys from the ward Thursday morning. They played tackle and apparently the game was pretty intense! Mark was sore for two days afterward. :)
We also went down to see the fountains and atrium at the Bellagio while they were here. Its one of my favorite things to do downtown and it also happens to be free-ninety-free!
I wish I got more pics of the Canfield kids individually. But here is a cute one I got of Megan who is their oldest girl and seriously my BIGGEST help. She does it all from cooking to diaper changing (while washing her hands in-between of course!)
And then here are their two baby girls (besides the one cookin in mama's tummy right now). This picture doesn't do it justice either but Rachel (the one on the left) has this crazy curly blonde hair that is always flying everywhere and I ADORE it! Its making me hope our little girl magically ends up with crazy curly locks as well!
So that is our Thanksgiving update. We have a busy week ahead which includes a party I'm planning, two different sets of house guests (one group containing 14 people...did I mention I like living in my mom and dad's house?) two different doctors appointments and a week long cruise to pack and leave for by Saturday! But I say "Bring it on!" because I made a Thanksgiving meal and nothing blew up! I've made some serious domestic strides in the last year.



5 comments:
Steve will be so glad to hear that Mark was sore, too. He thought he was sore just because of his old age.
I made my first dinner too. It was so good. I was shocked. Also I love cruises and am so jealous. Have fun!
IMPRESSIVE!!! Of course, coming from you, I'm not surprised that everything turned out fabulous and all had a great time.
Who are your other house guests? And when do you leave for the cruise?
2 kids: check
Thanksgiving dinner: check
Host a bunch of house guests: check
WOW! What's left on the domestic check list?!
It made me laugh to see mark's football picture with him in his board shorts. I remember going to one of those soccer games and you told me how those are his all purpose shorts.
Wow! Maybe your new year resolution should be to take a nice long nap.
Post a Comment