Wednesday, November 19, 2008

De-LIGHT-ed

Ok so this is one of those things that you feel a little lame getting so excited about that you want to blog it, but I am excited and I am shamelessly lame at times so blogging about it I am.  We discovered these new light bulbs at Costco.  They are energy efficient bulbs that were labeled daylight bright and man are they ever.  We got them to replace one bulb that went out in the living room and it was approximately a 100x whiter than the rest so we needed to just replace the others.  Did I mention that they are only $4 for 6 bulbs.  Anyway...they make everything look LOVELY and WHITE all the time and we got obsessed...and went ahead and changed most of the bulbs in the house.  Here is an example of a before room and an after room.  Can't you just drink in the lovely bright whiteness.  Its like heaven on earth (although one downside is that it revels dust much more plainly now, but I still like it!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of laughs -- we did the very same thing about six months ago! I totally know what you are talkin about! Love it.

Grandpa and Grandma Roundy said...

Splendid!

Julie said...

My Mom and Dad put those Costco bulbs in their garage and I think it looks like an interogation room now! i think they might be a little different than yours cause yours definitely look a ton better. Congrats on your baby girl by the way! Can't wait to see that little sweetie.

SUZANNE said...

I indeed am deLIGHTED that you love your new light fixture enough to blog about it. Sounds like something I would get all giddy and would want to write about as well! Love ya Nickel!

. said...

this is going to sound super nerdy but those bulbs are halogen based bulbs...learned that the other day in design theory:] i could be wrong but by your description thats what they are. haha

Anonymous said...

It is certainly not splendid it made me look super pale :(