Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Up Up and Awaiting...

So Saturday morning we woke up and decided to call our friends the Ungurens to see what they were up to.  They were heading out to the one day a year AIR SHOW at Nellis and invited us to meet them there.  Mark grew up on Air Force bases so air shows were a normal occurrence for him, this however was my first one.  It was fun!  It was worth it, but you have to commit that you are going to stick it out.  We waited in line for 45 min just to get shuttled onto the base from the parking lot and then once inside everything (except entry) costs lots of money.  Case and point: A $5 corn-dog....the exact same kind you buy in bulk at Costco (I saw the box) but for $5 a pop!  All the same...it was a fun day and here are a slew of photos to prove it.
We took this one with Grandpa Snavely in mind since Mark recalled that he served on the base in Ohio that this plane was from. 
This is Gavin giving Taj a big hug!  I took the pic two seconds too soon because right after I clicked Taj caught on to the hug idea and joined in.
However, Taj's late entry into the hug threw Gavin off his game and Taj ended up hitting the ground.  And yup!  We're the kind of parents that snap a photo of the sad (cute) face before loving him back to health. :)
Oh the Ungurens!  We are big big fans!
That's us.  I don't like this pic because all I see is what looks like a beer belly on me, but I trust the rest of the world just knows I'm pregnant...right? right?
Sweet parachuters flying overhead with fancy smoke strings to show off with.  What a job!
We ran into some friends from our ward there, which was rather miraculous by itself since there were 20 thousand other people there too. 
Did you notice that cute little baby with the giant ear muffs?  Those puppies put her out $12 but what are you going to do when you didn't realize how super loud those planes are! He's working those muffs! :)
I took this pic for Mark benefit.  He thought it was really funny that these missiles were right by the potties.  Get it?  Dropping bombs? :) (sorry mom...Mark made me!)
And this was Taj about 3 mins into the car ride home!  Always the sign of a day well spent!
(side note: why do the boys always score those kind of lashes!)

3 comments:

SUZANNE said...

Beer belly?! "I spying" Costco hot dog boxes?! You crack me up Nickel! Fun post, thanks for sharing the latest and the greatest.

Jen said...

Looks like a fun day.

Just a side note: Reno has an annual air show, too. So if you ever decide to move to Reno we'll be sure to take your family every year! : )

Carolyn said...

I think Ari looks fabulous in your picture! This was a great post; looks like a fun day! I am a fan of the Ungurens as well, but I am the Snavely's #1 fan!