Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sleepy Head and Shower Happy

So you may or may not know this but Mark recently got a part time job at the new REI that opened in Summerlin.  He works in the bike shop building and repairing bikes.  He loves it! I repeat LOVES it.  But it has been taking up a lot of his time and makes for long days.  He leaves for his "real job" at 6 most morning and then if he works REI that night he doesn't come home again until 10pm.  Well after a few days like this he had the night off and came home to Taj and I and a home cooked meal (thank you very much!).  Well Mark walked and wrestled and threw Taj in the air a few times (since he hadn't seen him awake in a while) but within 3 minutes of his head hitting the ground (captured in the pic below) he was out cold, snoring.  I felt so bad for him I let him sleep while Taj and I ate and just woke him up about 30 mins later.  
And then on another note, I wanted to post one thing (among many) that I like about Taj.  He LOVES to shower.  He will just hang out in there for 45 mins if I let him (which I haven't but I don't doubt that he would).  I know lots of kids that flip out when water gets in their eyes, etc but this kid just LOVES being all wet.  He sings songs, stomps his feet, sometimes he just stands there and sighs (my personal favorite) with water dripping off those big ole eyelashes of his.  Anyway its handy in the mornings.  I hop in and out then Taj gets in and does his thing the whole time I do my hair and makeup. 
I just really like the men in my life!  What can I say?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taj is just so stinkin cute! My Caroline is just the same -- I have let her stay in the shower for 45 minutes. Me bad, but she was having so much fun.

Jen said...

What a cutie! I thought it was just the girlies who took long showers, but I have 16 years of proof that boys will stay in the shower as long as there's hot water - and sometimes even after.

Harlene said...

Those are some cute cheeks on your boy!!!