So this post will be chronologically backwards....
I am just trying to post some of the great pictures I have collected all summer and have been meaning to post. So this will quite the random sampling of photos and events.
This is my friend Kimberly (or as Mark likes to call her Kimberlink!) We meet via my design blog and have become GREAT friends! She came to town a couple of weeks ago on business so we got to go to lunch! Actually she treated me to a delicious lunch for my b-day! She is really impressive, thoughtful, practical, funny and nice. It was just what I needed. She started my birthday celebration off right!
Then in July Mark's sister Barbara and her three girls came to visit us for a week! It was great! They adored Taj and visa versa. In the picture above the girls (who are perma-silly) have declared him their king and would carry him around in this basket. Look at his face! I think he liked it.
Their visit was also the beginning of my feeling a bit crummy due to baby #2, so since I wasn't the best tour guide around we spent lots of time at the park. But the girls made the most of it!
Here is Mark with his sister and yes...two of the girls are twins...you are not just seeing double! :) We love you Irwins! Come again anytime!
Then just the week before the Irwin visit had some other great friends come into town from California, The Carrs! John grew up with Mark in FL but now lives in Cali with his wife Kristen and son Dylan (who is less that a week younger than Taj). John and Mark used to breakdance a lot around Florida back in the day. Looks like John has held onto most of his moves! Dylan is just rocking out in the background. John is not in fact forcing his son to hold his leg up like that (promise!)
These two have a great time together!
Soul Brothers!
Then this is a trip we made up to the ever lovely Panaca, NV for our Family Reunion! Uncle Pete has a great piece of land that is cousin and grandkid HEAVEN! Here is one of many main attractions at the reunion, unlimited access to climb all over cool old tractors!
A little ride on the family float in the annual Panaca Pioneer Day parade down main street!
Our family color was red....we normally aren't this coordinated. :)
Taken in the sites! Taj skipped his nap this day too and is obviously having a hard time containing his enthusiasm for the events! :)
Ok...so that is a good taste of most of our summer. Now that I have caught up on that I can start blogging all the exciting day to day haps around here.



6 comments:
That's a good full summer and I'm glad to finally see some of these pictures!!!!!
I forgot you have family in Panaca! Ryan's dad is from Panaca and most of his family is still there. In fact, I think Ryan scooped horse poop in that parade as a kid!
Looks like you've been busy. That is an awesome break dance move. Way to go John.
Looks like you guys had a great summer. I've been wondering what's been keeping you busy:) I meant to text you and say Happy B-day but since we are both pregnant you will understand why I just didn't get around to it. I hope you had a great day and I look forward to more updates!
Cathy, it's me...you're long lost roomie Amy Robinson. I got on your blog from Lindsey's. Congratulations on #2 on the way. Your little family is beautiful. You still look hot! Little Taj looks like his daddy. It's good to see you and read what you are up to.
I am soo jealous you got to be IN the Panaca parade!!!!
I'm going to have to talk the Beckstrands in to having a float next year.
Are you feeling better?
Post a Comment