So ever since Taj's "haircut" from a few weeks ago we have had this game plan in place for Halloween! Taj went as his Grandpa Owen who happens to be a missionary for our Church right now and sports the same haircut that Taj has in the picture below!
Our only real plans this Halloween was attend our Ward's Fall Festival so we knew everyone there would get it. :) Tonight, on the real Halloween, Mark has to work so Taj and I are going to hold down the fort and hand out the candy!
But the ward party was a blast and full of all the best things about a Fall Festival. There was face painting, pie eating contests and cupcake walk! Above is Taj reaping his rewards from said cupcake walk!
For the most part Taj would just continue running around in circles with or without the music.
Mark won the pie eating contest! That's my man!
And for the first part of the night my brother and his family joined us! They had dinner with us at our house so after dinner they rolled to the party with us to check it out.
It was a good time! Hope you all have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!



16 comments:
Cathy- that is by far the most amazingly awesome halloween costume in the history of halloween!!!! I was rollin on the floor when I saw that first pic! Way to go!!!!
Okay, that is by far the funniest thing Dan & I have seen in a long time. You guys are hilarious. Taj makes a great Grandpa O. Way to represent Taj!
Can't believe you did that to your cute little boy! It reminds me of when I wanted to be Snow White for halloween and my mom dyed my hair black. (did I mention i was in first grade?) Needless to say it didn't wash out like it was supposed to. It taught me a good lesson on sacrifice for the holiday.
Taj and Grandpa O could be twins! So great! BTW, Steve said, "Did they really shave his head? Holy Moly..."
I've kind of done this hop, skip, and a jump thing that has caused me to stumble upon your blog. So basically, I'm a stranger. But that my dear, is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. How hilarious! :o) Very cute!
You all should check out what the Bible has to say about making fun of bald-headed missionaries. 2 Kings 2:23-35. Fair warning . . .
Hilarious! How long will he keep the "owen look"? (which by the way is destined to become as popular as "blue steel")
Fab, Fab, oh so Fab! I'm going to try and talk my kids in to this one next year!
Pretty much the best costume of 2008!!! At first I thought little Taj was a friar from the 13th century or something, but then I soon realized it was none other than Going Owen - your wonderful father/my kindergarten principal that I was always afraid I was going to get sent to his office for a spanking for talking too much! A++ for creativity Nickel!
Cathy - this is hilarious! Taj emmulates Owen so well! Great idea.
It looks like you had a lot of fun.
I love you and hope all is well!
I started laughing so hard when I saw Taj dressed up as Owen! I just brought Andy in here to see how awesome of a costume you guys came up with! Totally unique, creative and just cool. I bet your dad got a good laugh.
It's been a bit since I've gone blogging.... I got a phone call from my mom to check yours out. She promised it would be great!
....hold on, I have to compose myslef from laughter....
This was THE BEST thing ever! EVER!
Oh, and Congrats on the girl!!!! I'm so happy to know that all that make-up talent won't go to waste! :) She's a lucky girl!
That is so hilarious and awesome. Love Taj's costume. What a good sport.
you did it! taj looks perfect. Only the Snavely's would do that to their kid and it turn out perfect:] i love it!
That is so funny! How cute that his Grandpa is his idol. Love how you covered the "Sister" part of your old tag. Are you totally excited for the temple in Shoal Creek? Very exciting! I have you on my blog list. Hope you don't mind??!!! ---Beck
Okay, that is the BEST Halloween costume ever!!! I think Taj makes C. Owen look AWESOME! Well done, Nickel. That's great! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for your kind words regarding my family. We have fun together. I hate being so far from my Edwards Family, but the six of us have grown pretty tight since moving to Utah and not having a million cousins and friends to distract us. Okay, I'm totally stalling. I have a huge assignment due in a few hours, and when I get tired of studying I play on blogs and facebook. Now I have to get back to the books! So nice to see your great family! You are as cute as ever! I'm excited for you to have a girl! Please stop by my blog anytime!
Post a Comment