Friday, May 9, 2008

So we are dog-sitting our good friends Josh and Chelsea's dogs this weekend.  They have been here many times before and we really like these dogs.  They are well behaved, lovable and totally part of the family for Josh and Chelsea.  But yesterday I came home from running errands for a few hours to discover that Scootie escaped from the backyard!  I feel sick about it.  Scootie is smaller and can fit through the side gate, but I had put up the same barricade that has always deterred him before.  However this time he must have been extra restless because somehow he wiggled his way around it.   We all walked around our neighborhood looking and calling for him. Even Taj was saying "Doggie!" and "where are you?"  When Mark got home we drove around for a couple of hours calling, looking and putting up flyers.  The thing is, Scottie is easy to identify...he only has 3 legs!
Ugh!  I have never had a dog, but I feel SICK about this.  We already called Josh and Chelsea to let them know. Ugh Ugh Ugh! I worried all night where he is and who has him.  We are going to call Animal Control this morning and have all the neighborhood kids on patrol.  If you live near me and see a 3-legged dog, please let me know.  
Scootie Come Home!!
YEAH!  In the bazillion years it took to upload the picture on this Mark got an email saying someone found him! :)  She responded to our post on Craig's list! We go pick him up as soon as Taj wakes up from his nap! 
And they all lived happily ever after...and Josh and Chelsea don't have to disown us as friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats Horrible! I'm so glad you found him! I love dogs and I am really relieved someone has found him!

Grandpa and Grandma Roundy said...

Mark . . . You may need to get a gate screen and fasten it to backside of the gate. I think you can buy them at Home Depot and just drill little holes in the metal gate and screw the danged think on. The gate is too close to the ground for him to craw under, isn't it?

Dad

The Noorda Monkeys said...

wow that is scary.. one of our dogs was stolen! we had some workers over and when we THOUGHT they had all left we went inside and they were hiding the whole time and they came and stole our poor puppy!

Glenna Roundy said...

Yikes! That could have been a bad, bad thing! Does poor Scottie tip over when he runs?
My friend Trish was sitting another friends new Yorkie pup while she went on vacation. She had only been in charge for a few hours when her normally placid dog thought she was protecting Trish and accidently killed the Yorkie! Not a good friendship thing. I am glad that it turned out good.
Hey happy mothers day!
Love ya

Danalin said...

So glad you found him! That would have been horrible. Love the photos of a day in the life of the Snavely fam. Taj is looking so grown-up these days! What a man.