Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Day with Bob!

A couple of weeks ago I got to spend the day with my Uncle Bob.  He lives here in Las Vegas with his son (my cousin) and family.  But this Friday all of that family would be away from home and instead of sitting home alone Uncle Bob came to spend the day with me.  I can assure you, the pleasure was ALL mine!  It was a wonderful day.  We were baby-sitting a friend's two boys and Uncle Bob was a huge help with them.  He played blocks with them, taught them how to swing a bat (one of his specialties) and then later he helped Mark, Taj and me plant some flowers in the backyard.  We even spent a while looking through a box of old pictures which he particularly liked.  It was fun to hear his memories from the photos.  He is a wonderful man and I'm so glad he is my uncle.  I love him dearly as I do all my family!  I hit the jackpot in the family department.
A little light yard work!  Thanks for the hand Taj.
He's a handsome fella hu?  Still got it Uncle Bob! :)
Bob with the boys.
Bob with my boy!
Nicholas playing peekaboo with us.  This picture was just too cute to not post it!
Getting a few pointers from an old pro!
Thanks for playing Uncle Bob!  Come again anytime!

3 comments:

Unguren said...

That's fun. Invite him over and then put him to work.

McEwen Family said...

Hey I met Uncle Bob at the post office right before Mother's Day! I ran into him and Nan, when she said he was Scott's dad I could totally see it! What a nice guy, he was playing with Andrew at the post office, it was really cute. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, you have a great family Cathy!

Julie said...

if that is an Aggie hat he is wearing I'm going to jump on the wagon and say he's a very good man indeed! If not then ok, I guess he still is. Sounds like a lot of fun!