4-story barn building
This was hanging in the 4-story barn building. Awesome.
Taj had no idea what this was but was interested in it like all the other old stuff laying around.
Taj looks like he is just about the right size to replace one of the missing blades if we attached him to the windmill. Might be a good summer job or something.
This is the convenience store where you can register for mine tours, rent canoes for the Colorado River or just get a drink.
Mock plane crash. You know this place is awesome if it has one of these.
Techatticup mine.
Don't be fooled by this "cute little kitty" facade. This feral cat stalked us for about 15 mins. He began by running directly at us full speed then at the last second running around us to a bush. Then it followed us by darting from bush to bush staying mostly hidden. I kept Taj close by me but when I stopped to take pictures and Taj would walk off a little the cat would start to close in on him. I don't really think he was going to attack us, but I do think he was the feline incarnation of an old desert crazy yosemite sam. Weird.
Ari loved all the sites (she had a great vantage point). She did ask me not to dress her up like a juicy watermelon if we're planning to visit another crazy feral cat.
This wash runs parallel with the road leading down to the Colorado River from Nelson, NV. I thought the pillars in the wash with the rocks on top looked really cool (click on the picture for a better look).
Before you get to the Techatticup ghost town you go through Nelson (a couple of houses and trailer's). Some guy named Mike had this hanging in his front yard. Sweetness.
If you are going to do yard ornaments you gotta throw some personality and style into it. Nicely done.
Another resourceful specimen of yard ornamentation.
On the way home from Nelson, NV we stopped in Boulder City. Taj loves to see the trains at the train museum there in Boulder City. The train had just pulled up when we got there.
This will be a great picture to show dates when he gets older. I think I'll call it "Little diaper on the prairie."



1 comments:
Nice Reuben and Ed reference there. We have the VHS. Yup. You're welcome to come by any time to watch it with us.
Post a Comment