Thursday, August 20, 2009

Home Sweet Florida

I recently got to fly back to Florida for the weekend to see my family. It was going to be such a quick trip that Cathy and the kids decided not to come. The last time I was in FL Taj was only 6 months old (2.5 yrs ago). I forgot how much I loved this place.
My parents woke up early to see the sunrise at the beach with me the day I was leaving.
My two older sisters and my older brother and my Grandpa Bob and his girlfriend Lois.
Grandpa and Lois commissioned an artist to paint this mural on the wall in their condo.
Local wild peacock roaming a neighborhood.
Ron Jon Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach
My older sister caught on camera breaking an entering.
If you can't go under...go over.
This is the house I grew up in from the time I was 8 yrs old until I was about 13 or so. The Air Force has sold this land and now a private company is tearing down all the houses to build new ones. This is probably the last photograph before my old house gets torn down. This house is about 200 yards from the ocean.
Sting'em Scorps! (Satellite High School Scorpions, arm over your head with a stinging motion)
Not enough seats for everyone so my sister volunteered to ride in the back. What a team player.
Sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean.
How are you not going to love this place when it looks like this?
Big sweet old tree by the inter-coastal waterway (the river)
If you visit Satellite Beach you gotta try Charlie and Jakes BBQ on Eau Gallie Blvd. Porter House Steak, hush puppies, mashed taters and gravy and fried sweet potatoe chips with sugar on them. Soooo good!

3 comments:

. said...

not the scorpion motion! that is the most epic thing ever.

Justin said...

It was nice to see you and the rest of your family. How are your parents doing? Looks like Ron Jons has gone under a little renovation since my last visit. Seeing that picture of your old house brought back some memories of when we lived there, too.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

It was great seeing you and your family! I always love going home as well. There's really no place like it for me. Love the "sting 'em" picture; gave me a really good chuckle!