Monday, May 25, 2009

The Subway, Zion's Park

This weekend we visited Cathy's big sister Jill and her family in St. George, UT. Cathy's nephew Chase graduated High School Friday morning. Then Saturday Cathy volunteered to hang out with Taj, Ari and cousin Morgan while the rest of us hiked the Subway in Zion's Park (another example of why Cathy is the best wife ever). The Subway hike was awesome, fun and really beautiful. Here are 19 of my favorite photos (I took about 150 photos in total). Thanks for being our Canyon guide "Uncle Steve."
Sea of Sandstone
Enter the Canyon
Steep descent
You need a rope in some spots
Tree surfing
Really cold water
Beautiful
Doesn't this look man made?
Dang tree hugger!
Waterfall
wow
sweet
The water cuts a lot of interesting features in the rock
me and Jill and Ranger Steve
Backside rock wave
gnarls barkly
it just doesn't end
mossy falls
honest to goodness dinosaur track (with associated dino expression)
disclaimer: slide appears fun but not responsible if you break your coccyx.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Cathy, after I joined the churh some guy took me on a date to this place. I wasn't prepared and I had on some cute payless white tennis shoes. I didn't realize that I they would get wet and form huge blisters on my poor heels. When we reached the top of where we were going, I pushed the heels of the shoes down and made them into slip on shoes. And a good pair of slip on shoes they were...because those babies headed straight down the stream when I hopped into some waste high water. I watched them as they sadly floated away from me and all I could do was laugh. My date, of course, was worried and felt horrible. I had to walk the rest of the way without shoes. It was painful and my feet were damaged. But great memories. Just thought I would share. :)

Grandpa and Grandma Roundy said...

Who found this place to begin with? Fantastic. Grandp O