Here are some pictures of my parents the day before they went into the MTC. We spent that Sunday (which also happened to be mom's birthday) at Aunt Mary's house in SLC. She had planned a luncheon and a lot of mom's family came. It was a picture perfect afternoon and I don't think mom could have asked for a better birthday gift. We had a great meal and then after cleanup we all ended up in Aunt Mary's beautiful backyard! Then all of her siblings sat around in a circle and swapped stories from their childhood for a couple of hours. It was really fun to listen to. I also found it quite educational. Uncle Tom apparently kept Pioche on its toes back in his day! :)
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Man I love my Mom and Dad
Here is a cute story that I wanted to share that my mom told me before she left the MTC. It was just a cute visual and I knew my family would appreciate it. I guess Mom and another single sister would walk back and forth across the back of MTC campus every night to get some exercise. And on one of their last nights two young elders approached them and asked if they could practice teaching the 1st discussion to them in Chinese (they were just learning the language there at the MTC and wanted to get in as much practice as possible). Mom told them could as long as they could keep up. So can't you picture these poor two young elders in their white shirts and ties huffing behind mom on her speed walk rambling away to her in Chinese (as though she would have the first clue if they were saying it correctly or not! ). Doesn't that just make you smile! :) Go mom go!
Posted by nickel... at 11:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Love the story. It is just like Mom to make them feel totally welcomed to hang along, but then really get done what she needs to... in this case, walking.
I love your parents too! And I love that you have a blog...about time, sista! I'll keep checking in. I added you to my blog so that it will be easier for me to check out yours. Let me know if that's annoying to you. Taj is the cutest little dude. I am excited to keep in touch with you this way! Love ya, lady.
Post a Comment