Saturday, July 3, 2010

Upper Bristlecone Trail



On tuesday this week Taj and I decided to go on an adventure by hiking in the mountains.
Taj found this awesome rock with dinosaur scratches on it.  
Look Dad, somebody painted this rock
This is a pokey tree
Wow, a rainbow tree!
This exploring and adventuring makes me tired, can we rest and have some fruit snacks?
This tree had lots of funny bumps
This kids has lots of funny faces
Taj loves sandy dirt.  So the Las Vegas desert is like one great big sand box to him.
Cool tree
Taj found this cool stick and carried it with him for 30-40 mins.
Someday I want to be as tall as this tree.
Wow more sandy dirt!
Taj throwing sandy dirt at me when I got too close to him.
Time for another rest and some more fruit snacks
Sweet fiery flowers
Lets climb up this trail Dad
Wow there's a lot of nice rocks to throw
Finally we made it to the top of the mountain.
Taj hiked all the way to the top of the mountain by himself (3.5 miles) and then I carried him most of the way down (3.5 miles) cause he was too tired.  Fun adventure.

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma Roundy said...

True mountain men.

Barbara said...

Awesome pics. Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I need to follow your example of posting all your great pictures for others to see.