This Halloween when you want to impress your friends with some pumpkin trivia give this one a try. What's the biggest pumpkin ever recorded? Many people will likely guess Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin. Those people are very wrong and you should make that clear. According to www.bigpumkins.com (the undisputed pumpkin authority on the internet) Christy Harp's 1,725-pound Atlantic giant pumpkin won the Ohio Valley Giant Pumpkin Growers annual weigh-off in October 2009 (which is also the world record).

I would like to see some punk teenagers try to steal this pumpkin and smash it.
We invited our friends the Johnsons and the Virostkos over on Monday to carve up some pumpkins.
Cathy found these Mr. Potato Head-esque pumpkin accessories for Taj's pumpkin.
There were enough accessories to make a face on the front and another on the back of the pumpkin. Taj told me this was an homage to Janus, one of his favorite Roman gods at the moment (god of gates, doorways, beginnings and endings).
Tyson's best impression of his pumpkin.
Josh was not impersonating his pumpkin in this photo. He just can't help himself when someone is taking pictures (he has to make ridiculous faces).
Taj "flipped" for how cool the pumpkins turned out! (Mark's, Tajkin's, Nickel's)
Who knew pumpkins were such a good social lubricant?
SOOOOO SCAAAARRRYYY!!!!!!



2 comments:
What fun!!! We are having our annual pumpkin carving party on the 25th. Oh how I love pumpkins.
That's right, we Ohioins now how to grow things! (I have no idea if that is what you call people from Ohio but it seemed to work!) I am so sorry to hear about your job situation, we can sympathize! I'm glad to hear your headed back to school and hope things work out for you all. You have the cutest little family, besides mine of course (hee,hee) and I can't wait to see you guys the next time we're in town! You're also welcome in Ohio anytime you want to see that pumpkin up close!
Post a Comment